To free the land, you must first free your mind...


This is a conceptual platform for the expression of ideas and issues initiating discussion and action. The communiqué's are my perceptions, opinions and vision about contemporary issues/causes, people I admire & respect, and my goals for the future. My main focus is on the Chahta People by sharing our past to plan for the future today!

Friday, August 26, 2016

MSNBC reporter tells the historical truth of genocide and Standing Rock


The original sin of this country is that we invaders shot and murdered our way across the land
killing every Native American we could and made treaties with the rest. This country was
founded on genocide! Laurence O'Donnell, MSNBC 8/25/16



The news coming out of Standing Rock have been from alternative sources, very little from mainstream news unless it is slanted against the Native people. While checking my Facebook newsfeed for the latest info, I came across the video from MSNBC's Last Word, hosted by Laurence O"Donnell.

I've watched it three times. The first time, I was shocked, (that doesn't happen very often), he told the truth, every word! He didn't sugarcoat or make excuses. The second time I watched it, I wonder how far reaching the effects of his words will be, and if it would be taken to heart from so many people who told us that it was in the past, let it go. I'm sure there will be some who will call him a traitor or just stop watching his show. The third time I watched it, I thought we cannot stop the work we are doing through our alliances, it has to grow and build. It isn't going to be a cakewalk, anything worth fighting for is never easily gained.

This man fired a shot in their hallowed halls of revisionist history, and that is only because of so many people coming together. Share this video quickly, by now another news cycle is shaping up and it'll be another story tomorrow. The media is a business and very rarely do they stay on a subject very long unless it is a national scandal. I ran into Geraldo Rivera  at the Oklahoma City bombsite during rescue efforts so I took the opportunity to speak to him about future coverage on Native issues since he had did one on Leonard Peltier. His dismissive response was,"I already did my Indian thing".

Yes, this story made me feel good to know that millions of people heard the truth as I often tell it, but it isn't time to rest, we can all rest when we are dead, right now we have much work to do for the coming generations as the little ones watch us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment